For nonfiction we want it all. We are open to any format: lyric, essay, memoir, creatively researched, etc. We especially like pieces where the artist discovers something about themselves while writing. Additionally, we find that topics that deal with current societal issues (and there are so many societal issues currently) work well.
We're currently reading for our fourth issue, which will be published online Spring 2021.
Specific Nonfiction Guidelines:
- Please wait until you receive a response for your submission before submitting again. You are free to submit multiple times, but only one at a time
- Use standard formatting: 5,000 words max, double spaced, 12 pt. Times New Roman or similar font (aka nothing insane), put your page number and last name somewhere on each page
- Submit as a .doc or .docx file
- Only submit previously unpublished work
- We accept simultaneous submissions, but please let us know as soon as it’s accepted elsewhere